Correction appended, Dec. 22
People are really, really curious about Kim Kardashian and Lionel Messi. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality TV star and the Argentine soccer player each earned the distinction of being the most-searched person in 26 different countries in 2015, tying for first place in a ranking Google provided to TIME. Kardashian was the most-searched person everywhere from France to New Zealand to the U.S., while Messi topped the list in Cuba, Chad, the Congo and more.
Kardashian and Messi were followed close behind by another star soccer player, Cristiano Ronaldo, who took the top spot in 21 nations, while pop stars Nicki Minaj and Rihanna finished with 13 and 11 countries, respectively, allowing them to claim the next two highest spots on the list.
Check out our interactive map below to see the results:
Correction: The original version of this story included an incorrect photo for Salman Khan. The photo has been updated.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State