Bridget Jones has one more story to tell.
Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey, the stars of Bridget Jone’s Baby, sat down for exclusive interviews with Entertainment Weekly for the Dec. 21st issue of the magazine, giving inside details about the upcoming installment in the series. The latest film will jump ahead in time to 10 years after the events of 2004’s The Edge of Reason, and will recount the trials and tribulations of the British singleton as she struggles to figure out whether longtime beau Mark Darcy (Firth) or billionaire Mark Qwant (Dempsey) is the father of her child.
And while you’ll have to wait until Sept. 16, 2016 to see how the movie turns out, Zelwegger revealed that she loved returning to the role that launched her career. “This is part of the new challenge, discovering where she is now in her new life,” she told EW. “But as an actress, it feels like stepping back with an old friend. I love this character, I like that she tells stories about what it’s like to be a woman and these really relatable situations at certain times in life. It’s so right to tell a story about Bridget in this stage of her life.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate