Comedian and television personality Steve Harvey was left red-faced at the end of Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, when he mistakenly announced the wrong winner in front of thousands of spectators and millions of viewers of the competition’s live telecast.
Host Harvey initially announced Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez as the winner. She was accordingly presented with the winner’s sash and tiara. But then Harvey realized his mistake. Confusion and stunned looks ensued as the host sheepishly said “O.K., folks … I have to apologize.”
He then clarified that the Philippines’ Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach was in fact Miss Universe 2015.
“I will take responsibility for this,” he added, calling it a “horrible mistake.”
See the cringeworthy moment for yourself.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time