1. The biggest problem with driverless cars? They obey traffic laws.
By Keith Naughton at Bloomberg Business
2. New York is in a golden age of public art. But at what cost?
By Jerry Saltz in Vulture
3. In the war against sexual assault, the Army keeps shooting itself in the foot.
By Craig Whitlock in the Washington Post
4. Here’s how a solar farm 20 kilometers up would work.
By Jean-François Guillemoles at the French National Center for Scientific Research
5. Why the ‘best and brightest’ are often the worst at governing.
By Robert Dallek at Reuters
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now