Is Apple working on a car? Maybe, but CEO Tim Cook still won’t say one way or the other.
When asked about the Cupertino, Calif. company’s potential automotive plans on 60 Minutes, the Apple boss simply laughed.
“One of the great things about Apple is we probably have more secrecy here than the CIA,” Cook finally told television journalist Charlie Rose.
Rumors that Apple may be making a car have been floating for months, if not years. It’s an intriguing thought: The company has redefined consumer technology design, while the technology and automotive spaces have never been more closely aligned. Still, making a successful car is a long way from making smartphones and laptops.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org