The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Iman Shumpert is now something of a double-threat: a basketball player and a doctor. Because according to his fianceé, singer Teyana Taylor, he recently managed to deliver her baby all by himself.
Taylor posted a photo of their newborn daughter on Instagram Thursday, along with a very detailed caption explaining the whole story. Get ready, because the story is out of control:
If you’re anything like us, the part that immediately jumped out at you was the headphone thing. Apparently Shumpert “tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord.” What? How did he know to do that? Is that medically sound? What kind of headphones? Are they ruined now? Does he have spare headphones?
Also, a part you may have missed: the baby is named Iman. Just like her dad. We can only imagine that she’ll continue her father’s legacy—either by playing basketball or by finding creative uses for headphones. Either way is fine.
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement