The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Iman Shumpert is now something of a double-threat: a basketball player and a doctor. Because according to his fianceé, singer Teyana Taylor, he recently managed to deliver her baby all by himself.
Taylor posted a photo of their newborn daughter on Instagram Thursday, along with a very detailed caption explaining the whole story. Get ready, because the story is out of control:
If you’re anything like us, the part that immediately jumped out at you was the headphone thing. Apparently Shumpert “tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord.” What? How did he know to do that? Is that medically sound? What kind of headphones? Are they ruined now? Does he have spare headphones?
Also, a part you may have missed: the baby is named Iman. Just like her dad. We can only imagine that she’ll continue her father’s legacy—either by playing basketball or by finding creative uses for headphones. Either way is fine.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow