The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Iman Shumpert is now something of a double-threat: a basketball player and a doctor. Because according to his fianceé, singer Teyana Taylor, he recently managed to deliver her baby all by himself.
Taylor posted a photo of their newborn daughter on Instagram Thursday, along with a very detailed caption explaining the whole story. Get ready, because the story is out of control:
If you’re anything like us, the part that immediately jumped out at you was the headphone thing. Apparently Shumpert “tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord.” What? How did he know to do that? Is that medically sound? What kind of headphones? Are they ruined now? Does he have spare headphones?
Also, a part you may have missed: the baby is named Iman. Just like her dad. We can only imagine that she’ll continue her father’s legacy—either by playing basketball or by finding creative uses for headphones. Either way is fine.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time