The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Iman Shumpert is now something of a double-threat: a basketball player and a doctor. Because according to his fianceé, singer Teyana Taylor, he recently managed to deliver her baby all by himself.
Taylor posted a photo of their newborn daughter on Instagram Thursday, along with a very detailed caption explaining the whole story. Get ready, because the story is out of control:
If you’re anything like us, the part that immediately jumped out at you was the headphone thing. Apparently Shumpert “tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord.” What? How did he know to do that? Is that medically sound? What kind of headphones? Are they ruined now? Does he have spare headphones?
Also, a part you may have missed: the baby is named Iman. Just like her dad. We can only imagine that she’ll continue her father’s legacy—either by playing basketball or by finding creative uses for headphones. Either way is fine.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022