Presidential candidate Ben Carson is canceling a planned trip to Africa, citing security issues.
A senior Carson campaign official says that the move came after government officials briefed the campaign on potential security concerns, adding that the cancellation was not related to Carson’s recent slide in the polls.
Asked about the cancellation during a campaign stop in Las Vegas, Carson said “It’s classified information so I’m just going to say it’s too dangerous,” according to a pool reporter.
Carson added he was not concerned that the decision might make him look weak on foreign policy.
“I think it’ll make me…
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time