Tina Fey: action star. Kind of.
Paramount debuted the first trailer for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on Thursday, and while it does show Fey shooting a gun and hiding from operatives on the front lines of Afghanistan, the 2016 film also sets up Fey’s next comedic role as a reporter who leaves her boring life in the States for an assignment in Kabul.
She parties with other reporters (hello, Margot Robbie!), tries to get the best story of her career, and does not want to Skype with her depressing boyfriend back home.
Also starring Martin Freeman, Alfred Molina, and Billy Bob Thorton,Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is based on Kim Barker’s 2011 memoir The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan and was penned by Fey’s writing partner Robert Carlock. Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love) direct.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot hits theaters March 4.
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement