Tina Fey: action star. Kind of.
Paramount debuted the first trailer for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on Thursday, and while it does show Fey shooting a gun and hiding from operatives on the front lines of Afghanistan, the 2016 film also sets up Fey’s next comedic role as a reporter who leaves her boring life in the States for an assignment in Kabul.
She parties with other reporters (hello, Margot Robbie!), tries to get the best story of her career, and does not want to Skype with her depressing boyfriend back home.
Also starring Martin Freeman, Alfred Molina, and Billy Bob Thorton,Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is based on Kim Barker’s 2011 memoir The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan and was penned by Fey’s writing partner Robert Carlock. Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love) direct.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot hits theaters March 4.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears