With all the hype surrounding the release of The Force Awakens, it was only a matter of time before the team over at Bad Lip Reading decided to get in on the action. And this time, the YouTube channel, known for dubbing ridiculous words over TV, movies and news, really outdid itself.
Voiced by guest stars Jack Black, Maya Rudolph, and Bill Hader, the three videos take on the original Star Wars trilogy — A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi — and give new life to the galaxy far, far away. The hilarious reimagining features new conversations between Luke, Leia, Han, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader and the rest of the gang that will have you questioning whether George Lucas got the script right the first time around.
Whether it’s Leia telling Darth Vader to stop texting her “helmet pics” or Luke showing off his rap skills, these scenes are comedy gold.
See the three full videos below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart