Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook, the shooters behind the San Bernardino, Calif., attack that killed 14 people, were buried Tuesday in a quiet funeral guarded by FBI agents, reports Reuters
The husband and wife died in a shootout with police shortly after carrying out their attack on Dec. 2.
The funeral, which was carried out according to Islamic traditions, was sparsely attended — most Muslims in the San Bernardino community expressed their desire to distance themselves from the couple.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org