Kate McKinnon may have made a name for herself impersonating Hillary Clinton on Saturday Night Live—and, more recently, TIME’s Person of the Year Angela Merkel—but today she debuts a new role: Jillian Holtzmann in the forthcoming Ghostbusters reboot. In her first character poster for the movie, premiering exclusively at TIME, McKinnon sports a polished chrome proton pack, some serious goggles and a stone-cold ghostbusting mug.
The Ghostbusters movie, due out July 15, 2016, and directed by Paul Feig of Bridesmaids and Spy fame, breathes new life into the 1984 classic that just this week was named to the National Film Registry. McKinnon’s Holtzmann, Feig tells TIME, is a “nuclear engineer, munitions expert, proton wrangler.”
Check out the exclusive premieres of McKinnon’s Ghostbuster castmates over at People (Melissa McCarthy), InStyle (Leslie Jones) and Entertainment Weekly (Kristen Wiig).
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now