Sheldon Adelson was the buyer of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Nevada’s largest daily newspaper, for $140 million, Fortune.com reports.
The business magazine reports, citing anonymous sources, that the chairman and CEO of casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp. — a regular contributor to Republican Party candidates — took great pains to keep the purchase of the newspaper anonymous. He did not respond to Fortune’s requests for comment.
It’s unclear what motivated Adelson to seek anonymity in the purchase of a newspaper in a swing-state around 12 months before a presidential election.
Read more at Fortune.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State