Bei Bei, the adorable giant panda cub at the Smithsonian National Zoo, finally made his media debut on Monday. Unfortunately, he didn’t have tons of energy and pretty much slept through the whole thing as a small group of journalists gathered around him. But that ended up being pretty cute too.
The four-month old cub was born in August and now has all four of his canine teeth, wide paws and sharp claws, the Washington Post reports. But he’s still got a lot of developing to do. He’s never been outside and has limited eyesight. Also, as we now know, limited energy.
Bei Bei will make his first public appearance on Jan. 16, so start planning your trip to D.C. to see him in person.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body