There has been an awakening in Dublin. The city’s 398-foot Spire was turned into a massive lightsaber on Tuesday night just ahead of the Wednesday premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the Irish capital’s Savoy Cinema.
The world’s tallest sculpture now boasts a handle-like base and was lit up blue — similar to Luke Skywalker’s Jedi weapon of choice — for all to see. Dubliners took to social media to express their excitement about the Monument of Light’s transformation.
The Force Awakens hits theaters on Dec. 17 in the U.K. and Dec. 18 in the U.S.
- Here Are the 90 Characters Who’ve Died in Star Wars
- The 10 Most Fascinating Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fan Theories
- Here’s Everything We Know So Far About Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body