There has been an awakening in Dublin. The city’s 398-foot Spire was turned into a massive lightsaber on Tuesday night just ahead of the Wednesday premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens at the Irish capital’s Savoy Cinema.
The world’s tallest sculpture now boasts a handle-like base and was lit up blue — similar to Luke Skywalker’s Jedi weapon of choice — for all to see. Dubliners took to social media to express their excitement about the Monument of Light’s transformation.
The Force Awakens hits theaters on Dec. 17 in the U.K. and Dec. 18 in the U.S.
- Here Are the 90 Characters Who’ve Died in Star Wars
- The 10 Most Fascinating Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fan Theories
- Here’s Everything We Know So Far About Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out