Love Actually is considered by many to be an uplifting Christmas classic, but one storyline does stick out as being notably depressing. Now, thanks to some live-tweeting by the the wife of the film’s director late Saturday night, we know for sure what happened with Karen (Emma Thompson) and Harry (Alan Rickman).
Not only is Emma Freud the wife of Love Actually writer and director Richard Curtis, but she was also a script editor for the film. Needless to say, she has a wealth of insider information about the beloved British dramedy, so fans were elated when she live-tweeted a midnight screening of the film Saturday. From her responses, we finally know for sure what went on with Harry and Karen.
Here’s a quick reminder: Harry is flirting it up with his secretary Mia (Heike Makatsch), and his wife, Karen, breaks down in tears when she finds out. At the end of the film, Karen and Harry seem to be back together, but it’s pretty unclear. So fans wanted to know: did Harry really have an affair with Mia, and are Karen and Harry actually together at the end of the movie?
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time