As professional as the above ad looks, it surprisingly wasn’t made by the Johnnie Walker marketing team. The 90-second spot, titled “Dear Brother,” was created by two film students, Daniel Titz and Dorian Lebherz, from Germany’s Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. Filmed in Scotland, according to Creativity, the haunting spec ad explores the bond between two brothers.
The pair makes their way across the rugged terrain of the countryside as a poetic voiceover describes their life together. They then sit inside a dilapidated farmhouse and share some Johnnie Walker whisky before journeying on to the cliffs to look out over the ocean. It’s here that the clip packs its final emotional punch.
The spine-tingling video was posted on Monday and has already gone viral with over a million views to date.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time