As professional as the above ad looks, it surprisingly wasn’t made by the Johnnie Walker marketing team. The 90-second spot, titled “Dear Brother,” was created by two film students, Daniel Titz and Dorian Lebherz, from Germany’s Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. Filmed in Scotland, according to Creativity, the haunting spec ad explores the bond between two brothers.
The pair makes their way across the rugged terrain of the countryside as a poetic voiceover describes their life together. They then sit inside a dilapidated farmhouse and share some Johnnie Walker whisky before journeying on to the cliffs to look out over the ocean. It’s here that the clip packs its final emotional punch.
The spine-tingling video was posted on Monday and has already gone viral with over a million views to date.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization