As professional as the above ad looks, it surprisingly wasn’t made by the Johnnie Walker marketing team. The 90-second spot, titled “Dear Brother,” was created by two film students, Daniel Titz and Dorian Lebherz, from Germany’s Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. Filmed in Scotland, according to Creativity, the haunting spec ad explores the bond between two brothers.
The pair makes their way across the rugged terrain of the countryside as a poetic voiceover describes their life together. They then sit inside a dilapidated farmhouse and share some Johnnie Walker whisky before journeying on to the cliffs to look out over the ocean. It’s here that the clip packs its final emotional punch.
The spine-tingling video was posted on Monday and has already gone viral with over a million views to date.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow