As professional as the above ad looks, it surprisingly wasn’t made by the Johnnie Walker marketing team. The 90-second spot, titled “Dear Brother,” was created by two film students, Daniel Titz and Dorian Lebherz, from Germany’s Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. Filmed in Scotland, according to Creativity, the haunting spec ad explores the bond between two brothers.
The pair makes their way across the rugged terrain of the countryside as a poetic voiceover describes their life together. They then sit inside a dilapidated farmhouse and share some Johnnie Walker whisky before journeying on to the cliffs to look out over the ocean. It’s here that the clip packs its final emotional punch.
The spine-tingling video was posted on Monday and has already gone viral with over a million views to date.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk