A Michigan woman playing slots at a downtown Detroit casino has won over $2 million, the highest progressive jackpot in the city’s history, the casino said.
The lucky winner from Detroit, who chose to remain anonymous, hit the top prize Sunday while gambling on the International Game Technology Wheel of Fortune slot machine at Greektown Casino-Hotel.
“I saw the winning combination come across the line and the machine went dark,” she said in a statement. “I thought, ‘I just killed the machine.’ The machine then lit back up and revealed I had won over $2 million and I thought, ‘Wow, I really did kill it!’”
The last jackpot record at Greektown was set in 2004 when a guest won $1.77 million on a nickel Wheel of Fortune game.
“I’d like to treat myself to a new dress,” the latest winner said. “Then we are going to go to Disney World and take a nice trip to Cabo.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms