A Michigan woman playing slots at a downtown Detroit casino has won over $2 million, the highest progressive jackpot in the city’s history, the casino said.
The lucky winner from Detroit, who chose to remain anonymous, hit the top prize Sunday while gambling on the International Game Technology Wheel of Fortune slot machine at Greektown Casino-Hotel.
“I saw the winning combination come across the line and the machine went dark,” she said in a statement. “I thought, ‘I just killed the machine.’ The machine then lit back up and revealed I had won over $2 million and I thought, ‘Wow, I really did kill it!’”
The last jackpot record at Greektown was set in 2004 when a guest won $1.77 million on a nickel Wheel of Fortune game.
“I’d like to treat myself to a new dress,” the latest winner said. “Then we are going to go to Disney World and take a nice trip to Cabo.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State