A Michigan woman playing slots at a downtown Detroit casino has won over $2 million, the highest progressive jackpot in the city’s history, the casino said.
The lucky winner from Detroit, who chose to remain anonymous, hit the top prize Sunday while gambling on the International Game Technology Wheel of Fortune slot machine at Greektown Casino-Hotel.
“I saw the winning combination come across the line and the machine went dark,” she said in a statement. “I thought, ‘I just killed the machine.’ The machine then lit back up and revealed I had won over $2 million and I thought, ‘Wow, I really did kill it!’”
The last jackpot record at Greektown was set in 2004 when a guest won $1.77 million on a nickel Wheel of Fortune game.
“I’d like to treat myself to a new dress,” the latest winner said. “Then we are going to go to Disney World and take a nice trip to Cabo.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve