The force is definitely with the Children’s Hospital L.A.
As part of their #ForceforChange initiative, which inspires people to make a positive impact in the lives of others, the cast and crew behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens (in theaters Dec. 18) visited the hospital earlier this month.
The event saw appearances from R2-D2, a group of stormtroopers and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, himself!)
The Children’s Hospital transformed into a new world, turning the young patients into Padawans, with the film’s key characters roaming the halls and meeting their pint-sized fans throughout the day.
“Feeling the pure joy and exuberance of those children up close and personal is a gift to cherish,” Hamill wrote on Facebook.
Although the video footage is of the Los Angeles event, #ForceforChange has also put on several events at other children’s hospitals across the U.S., according to the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles’ official Facebook page.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow