Hundreds of women are coming forward claiming a popular celebrity-endorsed hair care product caused their hair to fall out and severely damaged their scalps.
More than 200 people in 40 different states have filed a class-action lawsuit against Wen Hair Care and infomercial giant Guthy-Renker, alleging that using the company’s cleansing conditioner resulted in baldness, rashes, scalp irritation, hair breakage and hair discoloration.
The products, which are designed, manufactured and sold by Chaz Dean, the self-purported hair stylist to Hollywood’s “Who’s Who,” and Guthy-Renker, the direct marketers behind the Proactiv acne treatment and other popular beauty products, are described as being a sulfate-free alternative to shampoo.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time