Hundreds of women are coming forward claiming a popular celebrity-endorsed hair care product caused their hair to fall out and severely damaged their scalps.
More than 200 people in 40 different states have filed a class-action lawsuit against Wen Hair Care and infomercial giant Guthy-Renker, alleging that using the company’s cleansing conditioner resulted in baldness, rashes, scalp irritation, hair breakage and hair discoloration.
The products, which are designed, manufactured and sold by Chaz Dean, the self-purported hair stylist to Hollywood’s “Who’s Who,” and Guthy-Renker, the direct marketers behind the Proactiv acne treatment and other popular beauty products, are described as being a sulfate-free alternative to shampoo.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.