Officials in Los Angeles cancelled school for more than 600,000 students following an “electronic threat.” Parents reacted in fear, but many students turned to social media to share their excitement at getting a day away from the classroom.
Others had a little more awareness of the gravity of the situation.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space