Serena Williams was in the middle of the Serena Williams Live Ultimate Run in Miami when she got tired of running. The tennis star hopped in a taxi instead of finishing the race.
“I didn’t run the whole way this year, but next year I will,” she said in a video posted on Facebook. Her sister, Venus, did finish the race.
The 5K race, the Serena Williams Live Ultimate Run, raises money for the Serena Williams Fund, which supports UNICEF and other charities.
Sports Illustrated recently announced that Serena Williams would be the magazine’s 2015 Sportsperson of the Year,
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.