The aliens are coming back.
The new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence was released Sunday and promises an action-packed sequel to the 1996 hit.
The nearly 2-minute clip shows how humans have adapted alien technology to make Earth stronger in case the extraterrestrials return, which they do in full force. The new film is set 20 years after the events of the first one.
Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox, and Judd Hirsch all reprise their roles from the original blockbuster. Movie-goers will also see new faces, including Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe and Joey King.
“Independence Day: Resurgence” comes to theaters on June 24.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy