The aliens are coming back.
The new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence was released Sunday and promises an action-packed sequel to the 1996 hit.
The nearly 2-minute clip shows how humans have adapted alien technology to make Earth stronger in case the extraterrestrials return, which they do in full force. The new film is set 20 years after the events of the first one.
Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox, and Judd Hirsch all reprise their roles from the original blockbuster. Movie-goers will also see new faces, including Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe and Joey King.
“Independence Day: Resurgence” comes to theaters on June 24.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time