The aliens are coming back.
The new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence was released Sunday and promises an action-packed sequel to the 1996 hit.
The nearly 2-minute clip shows how humans have adapted alien technology to make Earth stronger in case the extraterrestrials return, which they do in full force. The new film is set 20 years after the events of the first one.
Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox, and Judd Hirsch all reprise their roles from the original blockbuster. Movie-goers will also see new faces, including Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe and Joey King.
“Independence Day: Resurgence” comes to theaters on June 24.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving