The aliens are coming back.
The new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence was released Sunday and promises an action-packed sequel to the 1996 hit.
The nearly 2-minute clip shows how humans have adapted alien technology to make Earth stronger in case the extraterrestrials return, which they do in full force. The new film is set 20 years after the events of the first one.
Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox, and Judd Hirsch all reprise their roles from the original blockbuster. Movie-goers will also see new faces, including Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe and Joey King.
“Independence Day: Resurgence” comes to theaters on June 24.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out