Saturday Night Live spoofed this week’s naming of Angela Merkel as TIME’s 2015 Person of the Year in a skit on the the show’s “Weekend Update” segment.
Europe’s most powerful leader was once again played by Kate McKinnon, who tried to show Merkel’s happiness at the choice.
“I’m trying to celebrate,” McKinnon says while squirming in her best impression of Germany’s chancellor. “My body is rejecting it. Won’t let me do it.”
“Merkel” weighs in on the difficult year and how she handled it during the brief sketch.
“2015 has not been the easiest year,” McKinnon says before lifting up TIME’s 2015 Person of the Year issue. “Greece wanted to borrow more money. Syria asked if one million refugees could sleep on my couch.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World