Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, the richest man in his country, has apparently asked Donald Trump to withdraw from the U.S. presidential race following Trump’s comments about barring Muslims from entering the U.S.
Alwaleed, whose almost $25 billion net worth makes him Forbes‘ 34th richest person in the world, tweeted at his fellow hotel tycoon on his verified account. “You are a disgrace not only to the GOP but to all America. Withdraw from the U.S presidential race as you will never win.” His office later sent out a statement directing attention to the tweet.
Trump does not appear to have responded yet.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy