Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, the richest man in his country, has apparently asked Donald Trump to withdraw from the U.S. presidential race following Trump’s comments about barring Muslims from entering the U.S.
Alwaleed, whose almost $25 billion net worth makes him Forbes‘ 34th richest person in the world, tweeted at his fellow hotel tycoon on his verified account. “You are a disgrace not only to the GOP but to all America. Withdraw from the U.S presidential race as you will never win.” His office later sent out a statement directing attention to the tweet.
Trump does not appear to have responded yet.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases