Need something really, really cute right now? Here’s a video of a five-week-old baby polar sleeping (and dreaming!) at the Columbus Zoo. This ridiculously angelic creature weighs only 4 pounds and measures 16 inches long:
According to zoo staff, those sounds you hear the cub making are sounds of contentment. So you can rest easy that she’s not having nightmares about Donald Trump and that eagle.
If you want to see more, the zoo has been diligently posting pictures on Facebook. You can also see a video from shortly after her birth on Nov. 6. Unfortunately, two cubs were born, but one passed away. According to the zoo, the survival rate of a polar cub in its first few weeks of life is about 50 percent.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma