Ronda Rousey may be having the “worst month ever,” but she’s still a woman of her word.
Back in September, long before her devastating loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, Ronda won the hearts of Marines around the world when she accepted an invitation via viral video from Jarrod Haschert asking her to join him at the Marine Corps Ball. And despite reports earlier today that Ronda would be bailing on her promise to join Jarrod at the ball, it looks like our stunning 2015 SI Swimsuit athlete is in fact going to make an appearance.
TMZ caught up with the UFC fighter to find out where she was going at 4am—only to discover that Ronda was headed to the airport to go meet her Marine. Ronda explains that she “promised [she] would go and it’s an honor to be asked,” despite the fact that she would “probably stay on [her] couch crying and eating ice cream for like another month” if she didn’t have a real reason to get out of the house.
In the video, Ronda also confirms reports that she wants a rematch in July, but says that it’s up to UFC and to Holly Holm’s camp to agree and make it happen.
Looks like all the haters responding to Jarrod Haschert’s Facebook post and comments from his mother, that stated he still hadn’t talked to Ronda about going to the ball, were just, well, wrong. Congrats again to Jarrod on scoring what is guaranteed to be the hottest date to the Marine Corps Ball. May it be a night he never forgets!
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022