Audience members at The Late Late Show got quite the surprise when Thursday night’s episode began. Instead of host James Corden, the curtain opened to reveal Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old singer took to the stage to deliver the opening monologue and, after the crowd settled down, started cracking jokes like a pro.
“Today, President Obama revealed that his favorite song of 2015 was ‘How Much a Dollar Cost’ by Kendrick Lamar,” Bieber said. “And not to be outdone, Hillary [Clinton] revealed that her favorite song of 2015 was ‘Whatever Will Get You to Like Me.'”
However, he was soon interrupted by an angry Corden — dressed in a bathrobe and towel turban — storming in from backstage. At least Biebs still got to roll the titles.
Watch the full video below.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma