The first trailer for J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has arrived. The Harry Potter prequel is based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same name, which appeared in the original Potter book series.
The film follows magizoologist Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne, as he navigates 1926 New York during what was meant to be a short visit. Of course, adventure ensues when Newt encounters a No-Maj—American Muggle—named Jacob and some of Newt’s fantastic beasts go missing from his misplaced magical case.
The film marks Rowling’s time writing a screenplay, and will be directed by David Yates, who helmed the last four Potter films. Long-time Potter producer David Heyman is also on board. It also stars Katherine Waterston as Porpetina “Tina” Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Colin Farrell as Graves, Samantha Morton as Mary Lou and Ezra Miller as Credence.
The movie hits theaters Nov. 18, 2016.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart