The first trailer for J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has arrived. The Harry Potter prequel is based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same name, which appeared in the original Potter book series.
The film follows magizoologist Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne, as he navigates 1926 New York during what was meant to be a short visit. Of course, adventure ensues when Newt encounters a No-Maj—American Muggle—named Jacob and some of Newt’s fantastic beasts go missing from his misplaced magical case.
The film marks Rowling’s time writing a screenplay, and will be directed by David Yates, who helmed the last four Potter films. Long-time Potter producer David Heyman is also on board. It also stars Katherine Waterston as Porpetina “Tina” Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Colin Farrell as Graves, Samantha Morton as Mary Lou and Ezra Miller as Credence.
The movie hits theaters Nov. 18, 2016.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com