Jimmy Fallon riffed on a bunch of TIME’s year-end issues and lists during The Tonight Show Wednesday night.
First, he broke out an imitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel when he talked about TIME’s choice for Person of the Year.
Fallon joked about Merkel’s staid expression on the magazine cover. “Can’t you see how excited I am?” he quipped in a dour German accent.
Read More: Time Person of the Year 2015: Angela Merkel
Then Fallon talked about TIME’s list of the year’s most influential fictional characters, in which Kate McKinnon’s impression of Hillary Clinton came in third. “I guess she was edged out by Hillary’s version of Hillary Clinton,” he joked.
And finally, of course, he brought up the now-famous clip of Donald Trump dodging a bald eagle during a TIME photo shoot.” After that Trump was like, ‘I’m now banning all bald eagles from America,” Fallon said after airing the clip.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears