Jimmy Fallon riffed on a bunch of TIME’s year-end issues and lists during The Tonight Show Wednesday night.
First, he broke out an imitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel when he talked about TIME’s choice for Person of the Year.
Fallon joked about Merkel’s staid expression on the magazine cover. “Can’t you see how excited I am?” he quipped in a dour German accent.
Read More: Time Person of the Year 2015: Angela Merkel
Then Fallon talked about TIME’s list of the year’s most influential fictional characters, in which Kate McKinnon’s impression of Hillary Clinton came in third. “I guess she was edged out by Hillary’s version of Hillary Clinton,” he joked.
And finally, of course, he brought up the now-famous clip of Donald Trump dodging a bald eagle during a TIME photo shoot.” After that Trump was like, ‘I’m now banning all bald eagles from America,” Fallon said after airing the clip.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer