The trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse was released Friday morning, and it looks like bad news for the mutants (again): a very evil mutant named Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac) is keen on destroying human civilization, and it’s up to Professor Xavier (James McAvoy), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) and their recruits to stop him.
The ninth installment in the series—it will follow the release of Deadpool, intended as the eighth, in February—Apocalypse reunites much of the cast of 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past (and, in the form of Rose Byrne, 2011’s X-Men: First Class), while introducing mutant newbies Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn and Tye Sheridan. Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies as well as the most recent two, returns to the director’s chair.
X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters on May 27, 2016.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization