The trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse was released Friday morning, and it looks like bad news for the mutants (again): a very evil mutant named Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac) is keen on destroying human civilization, and it’s up to Professor Xavier (James McAvoy), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) and their recruits to stop him.
The ninth installment in the series—it will follow the release of Deadpool, intended as the eighth, in February—Apocalypse reunites much of the cast of 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past (and, in the form of Rose Byrne, 2011’s X-Men: First Class), while introducing mutant newbies Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn and Tye Sheridan. Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies as well as the most recent two, returns to the director’s chair.
X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters on May 27, 2016.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate