The trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse was released Friday morning, and it looks like bad news for the mutants (again): a very evil mutant named Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac) is keen on destroying human civilization, and it’s up to Professor Xavier (James McAvoy), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) and their recruits to stop him.
The ninth installment in the series—it will follow the release of Deadpool, intended as the eighth, in February—Apocalypse reunites much of the cast of 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past (and, in the form of Rose Byrne, 2011’s X-Men: First Class), while introducing mutant newbies Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn and Tye Sheridan. Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies as well as the most recent two, returns to the director’s chair.
X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters on May 27, 2016.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time