A petition to ban Donald Trump from the United Kingdom after he controversially called for a halt to Muslims being admitted to the U.S. swelled to more than 475,000 signatures Thursday, making it the most popular petition on a government site.
The petition was started Tuesday, a day after the Republican presidential frontrunner called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”
Trump made the comments in the wake of last week’s mass shooting in California, which was carried out by a husband and wife authorities say were radicalized. Trump said the ban was necessary to protect…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving