Nearly 6 in 10 Americans oppose Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s proposal to bar Muslims from entering the United States, but Republicans are evenly divided, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.
Fifty-seven percent of all adults disagree with Trump’s proposal, versus 25 percent who agree.
But views are mixed among Republicans: 42 percent of GOP respondents support Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., while 36 percent oppose it.
And among Republican primary voters, it’s 38 percent support, 39 percent oppose.
By comparison, 75 percent of Democrats and 55 percent of independents disagree with Trump’s proposal.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer