Airbnb is to hotels as Uber is to taxis. An accommodations-booking platform with more than 2 million listings worldwide, Airbnb lets users rent out their unused space to travelers. It’s also known for its offbeat accommodations, like lighthouses and castles.
However, the site is not without controversy: Some critics argue Airbnb lets property owners run de-facto hotels in apartments intended for long-term housing, driving up real estate prices in some cities.
For more about Airbnb, watch the Tech Time video above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization