A property development company based in Dubai has removed images of Donald Trump from a construction site.
DAMAC Properties had previously said it would stand by the Republican presidential candidate despite his proposal of a ban on Muslims entering the United States. However, on Thursday billboards at a golf complex the company is building with Trump were stripped of his image, Reuters reports.
A billboard at the property, which had previously featured a photo of Trump golfing and a separate photograph of his daughter Ivanka, were stripped of the images. Reuters also reports that gold lettering that spelled out “Trump International Gold Club,” at the entrance were also removed.
DAMAC did not provide comment to Reuters.
The news came as Trump postponed a trip to Israel amid massive criticism about his proposed ban.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color