There’s nothing like a British accent to lend an air of gravitas to the upstairs-downstairs class struggles on Downton Abbey.
But when Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville, and Allen Leech dropped by The Late Show on Wednesday, host Stephen Colbert asked them to drop the upper-crust accents in favour (see what we did there?) of American ones, and the results were … less than elegant. Dockery, in particular, adopted a Valley Girl accent the likes of which would be better suited to a reality TV mainstay rather than a well-bred, upper-class sophisticate.
Check it out above.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time