Ahead of the hotly anticipated The Force Awakens, TIME asked filmmaker Oscar Boyson to create a video exploring one crucial question: What makes Star Wars, well, Star Wars? Boyson, known for his high-pace editing style, took up the challenge, resulting in the video above. For more The Force Awakens coverage, read TIME’s cover story, How J.J. Abrams Brought Back Star Wars, by Lev Grossman. The movie hits theaters nationwide Dec. 18.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022