Ahead of the hotly anticipated The Force Awakens, TIME asked filmmaker Oscar Boyson to create a video exploring one crucial question: What makes Star Wars, well, Star Wars? Boyson, known for his high-pace editing style, took up the challenge, resulting in the video above. For more The Force Awakens coverage, read TIME’s cover story, How J.J. Abrams Brought Back Star Wars, by Lev Grossman. The movie hits theaters nationwide Dec. 18.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up