One million new people have so far enrolled in Affordable Care Act health insurance during the 2015 enrollment period.
Since this enrollment period started in Nov., 2.8 million people have enrolled in plans in the health insurance market place and one million are new enrollees, the New York Times reports. Other people are renewing coverage are making adjustments to their plans. It’s estimated that 10 million people will have health insurance through the marketplace at the end of 2016, according to the paper.
The third open enrollment period runs through Jan. 31, but Americans have until Tuesday to sign up if they want coverage to start on Jan. 1.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space