If for some reason you haven’t yet listened to Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly—and if the album appearing on TIME’s list of the year’s best didn’t persuade you—perhaps an endorsement from Barack Obama will do the trick.
In an interview with People, POTUS and FLOTUS shared their favorite entertainment from 2015. President Obama says Lamar’s “How Much a Dollar Cost” is his favorite song of the year, while First Lady Michelle Obama said she preferred “Uptown Funk.” (What, no love for Fifth Harmony, who name-checked her on last year’s “Boss”?)
Perhaps the nation’s commander-in-chief took some recommendations from noted rap fan and Lollapalooza attendee Malia Obama, who gave Brooklyn rapper Joey Bada$$ a career boost earlier this year when a photograph of her wearing a T-shirt of his group Pro Era surfaced online.
Head over to People to see Barack and Michelle’s other choices for their favorite books, movies and TV shows of 2015.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at firstname.lastname@example.org