Billie Lourd can’t seem to escape her mother’s iconic hairdo.
The Scream Queens actress and daughter of Carrie Fisher won’t be playing the daughter of General Leia when she appears in Star Wars: The Force Awakens later this month, but she is rocking some Leia-esque hair buns in first-look photos of her character that debuted at People.
“When I saw the [original] movie for the first time, I noticed my mom was not only equally as confident and strong as the men, she was one of the most confident characters in the entire film,” she says of growing up with the series. “It made me realize women are just as powerful as men and that we can truly do anything they can.”
This wouldn’t be the first time one of Lourd’s characters has seemingly paid tribute to her mother’s famous role. Her Scream Queens character always wears earmuffs, and while the show has provided a backstory for them, it’s believed by fans that the ‘muffs are a tribute to Leia’s hair buns.
See the rest of the photos over at People.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This