The late fashion designer L’Wren Scott left her entire estate to her longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones. Her estate is estimated to be valued at $9 million. Scott died in an apparent suicide on March 17.
“I give all my jewelry, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature…to Michael Philip Jagger,” Scott’s will reads, according to CNN.
Scott’s New York apartment, worth about $8 million, is her largest asset. Scott’s two siblings Randy Bambrough and Jan Shane are absent from the will, CNN reports. Reports that Scott’s clothing company LS Fashions was $6 million in debt circulated shortly after her death, yet a representative for Scott said those figures are “misleading and inaccurate.”
The 49-year-old designer’s death was a shock to many in the fashion world. The New York Medical Examiner ruled the death a suicide. Scott reportedly died by hanging herself. Jagger recently wrote about Scott’s death on his website. “I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way,” he wrote. “We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy