You won’t need an acceptance letter to get into this Hogwarts.
Universal Studios Hollywood announced on Tuesday that its “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will open to the general public on April 7, 2016. The theme park, based on J.K. Rowling’s magical series, released the information in a video starring Evanna Lynch, the actress who played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies.
Along with its own Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade village, the west coast location will feature Universal’s first outdoor rollercoaster, “Flight of the Hippogriff,” and a “hyper-realistic 3D-HD” ride called “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey,” on which passengers will wear Quidditch-inspired goggles.
Watch the full reveal video below:
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.