The day John Lennon died 35 years ago was also the day he gave his final interview, with Westwood One News. The radio interview was recorded a few hours before Mark David Chapman fatally shot the musician on Dec. 8, 1980, outside of Lennon’s apartment building in New York City.
In the interview, the former Beatle spoke of his desire for happiness and his creative process while recording “Double Fantasy” with his wife Yoko Ono.
“I would like to be a happy, contented person,” Lennon said. “I don’t want to have to sell my soul again to have a hit record.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow