A new spoof video is advertising a support group for guys who are stuck taking pictures for their wives’ Instagram accounts.
“Behind every cute girl on Instagram is a guy like me… and a brick wall,” says Jeff, who identifies as an Instagram Husband. Turns out, these dudes are everywhere—and they need support.
Some of these Instagram Husbands claim to be thrilled about their duties—which include snapping tons of pictures, helping choreograph the perfect shots, and commenting on every upload. But others are starting to get worn down—and they’re sick of being human selfie sticks.
“My job is to make her look good,” one of them says.
“Last year for Christmas I actually got her a selfie stick and then she got mad at me because she thought I was just trying to get out of taking photos,” another says. “Of course I’m trying to get out of taking your f—ing photo.”
Boyfriends and husbands of the world who’ve ever been scolded for taking a sip of their cappuccino before it was properly photographed, this video is for you.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time