Hannukah and Christmas inevitably get lumped together even though they have virtually nothing to do with each other. So comedy duo Soren and Jolles (made up of two Jewish women who happen to enjoy Christmas) decided to imagine what these two holidays would be like if they were people who knew each other.
Naturally, Christmas is loud and fun and cheery and gets all the attention while Hannukah struggles to get recognized.
“[Hanukkah] is nowhere near as big of a party as Christmas,” Tracy Soren told the Daily Dot. “It’s not even a high holiday for us.”
In general, though, they love the holiday season. Soren added: “We wonder if the only reason [Hanukkah] is chillin’ with Christmas is so that we didn’t feel so bad as kids.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating