A caretaker at a Philadelphia mosque found a severed pig’s head outside the building when he arrived for work early Monday morning.
Surveillance footage showed someone throwing an item from the window of a pickup truck driving past the Al Aqsa Islamic Society on Sunday night, NBC News reports. Police are currently investigating who might be responsible.
Pigs are considered unclean in the Muslim faith, and the Quran forbids eating pork.
The incident comes as many have begun to target Muslims. On Monday, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump sparked outrage after proposing “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow