A caretaker at a Philadelphia mosque found a severed pig’s head outside the building when he arrived for work early Monday morning.
Surveillance footage showed someone throwing an item from the window of a pickup truck driving past the Al Aqsa Islamic Society on Sunday night, NBC News reports. Police are currently investigating who might be responsible.
Pigs are considered unclean in the Muslim faith, and the Quran forbids eating pork.
The incident comes as many have begun to target Muslims. On Monday, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump sparked outrage after proposing “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror