Anonymous announced Monday that it will carry out an ‘Official ISIS Trolling Day’ on Dec. 11. The group plans to hack Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) as well as stage protests on the streets of several American cities.
In a posting on GhostBin, one of the members of the hacktivist group wrote, “We will mock them for the idiots they are.”
The group claims they have taken down almost 800 Facebook and Twitter pages belonging to the terrorist organization in the past.
“We will show them what they really are they do not stand for a religion, they do not stand for a god,” read the Anonymous post. “They are brainwashers teaching from the young to the old their propaganda against the ‘west’ when in reality they are just increasing the distance between countries by giving many a bad name.”
ISIS previously called the hacker group “idiots” after Anonymous declared “war” on the terrorist organization.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time