Anonymous announced Monday that it will carry out an ‘Official ISIS Trolling Day’ on Dec. 11. The group plans to hack Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) as well as stage protests on the streets of several American cities.
In a posting on GhostBin, one of the members of the hacktivist group wrote, “We will mock them for the idiots they are.”
The group claims they have taken down almost 800 Facebook and Twitter pages belonging to the terrorist organization in the past.
“We will show them what they really are they do not stand for a religion, they do not stand for a god,” read the Anonymous post. “They are brainwashers teaching from the young to the old their propaganda against the ‘west’ when in reality they are just increasing the distance between countries by giving many a bad name.”
ISIS previously called the hacker group “idiots” after Anonymous declared “war” on the terrorist organization.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization